Yodel....oh dear.

Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time
Ordered expensive item from online retailer. Knowing I'd be at work when they would deliver, I changed the delivery address to "collection from local depot" online as soon as the seller gave the tracking number and well before the first delivery to avoid the time wasting for them, despite the 20 mile journey for me.

After checking online Yodel's tracking service advised "Attempted delivery 3 times". Asked sender to contact as I had no card whereas they stated that they had attempted 3 consecutive days and left the usual, standard calling card each time. However, only today when on my way out to collect a parcel properly delivered to a chosen depot, I saw the (alleged 3rd) card, left publicly at the bottom of stairs on the window cill with takeaway menus for all to see and with no name or full address on it. Just the door number and a scribble in the box advising the status.

Alarmingly, ANYONE could have picked it up and it was an expensive item too! Delivery person obviously couldn't be bothered to walk up the stairs at all. Irrespective, this was delivered incorrectly as I changed the address and I got a confirmation on my laptop screen which unfortunately, I naively didn’t screen shot! Couldn't pick up from depot despite knowing it’s there as I HAD NO CALLING CARD!! >.<

The practically blank card states that the item has been sent back to sender. Full web tracker under FAQs says I can pick it up from depot. Quick tracker (on homepage) says it’s in transit back to the North of England and I’ve just rearranged to collect from the depot so we’ll see. Whatever happens and wherever on earth it end up, the seller is likely to still burden the cost effect and loss of business due to an unorganised, ineffective and dishonourable service. Likely attributed to effort in navigating the difficult and almost impossible customer liaison routes.

I shall advise said seller to change their courier service as this is not the first time I’ve had similar inconvenient and unnecessary issues with Yodel. There’s an abysmal, in fact non-existent customer service department with no complaint procedure or proper method provided - twitter, live chat or call centre (???) and no address or email on the website to formally and properly write to complain. All untraceable, informal and meaningless means of communication which not all can access (I'm no twitter ***) - but now I know why.

Totally unprofessional, very disappointed but also amazed how they get away with it! Will try to track someone down on say, Linkedin and complain there – nobody would listen on twitter in any case as it is not taken at all seriously.

Seriously Pissed Off consumer…

Product or Service Mentioned: Yodel Courier Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Website, Complaints procedure, Lack of contact methods, Unreliable.